Wednesday, March 12, 2008

There are two ways to live your life,

One is as though nothing is a miracle.

The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Albert Einstein (1879-1955)


I know my avid fans have been anxiously checking my blog awaiting a new post, so this one's for you! ;)

Stake Conference was great this weekend, Elder Walker spoke a lot about his mission, miracles he'd witnessed and been a part of. It left me with a lot of food for thought, which leads me to share something a little more personal (if anything could be more personal than my last post!)

I've always had a fascination with miracles. I've heard of many "everyday" miracles that have taken place in other's lives. A dear teacher at Ricks college used to speak of the things she saw on her mission and she gave me the best piece of advice before I left on my mission, she said "You will see miracles everyday, if you look for them." I won't pretend that I had such great enduring faith to see them everyday myself, but the days I reminded myself to look-- they were there. And somedays when I needed them, despite my lack of faith, they were there. Even thinking about them now gets me a little misty eyed.

However, over the last few years I've found my faith lacking greatly in the miracle department, even as miracles were happening around me. My prayer over the last 6+ months has been to understand better what kind of faith it takes to ask for miracles and to be able to better recognize them in my life.

I used to believe in the fallacy that the “physical” miracles such as healing the sick or calling down rain were the miracles that really required faith. However, as I’ve recently experienced the “spiritual” miracle of a softened heart in my own life and recognized those around me who are going through similar changes of heart, I can see clearly how much more faith and power is involved when it comes to miracles of the heart and spirit.

As I’ve come to this realization and recognized the faith I do have, the physical miracles I so desire in my life seem so much more possible. I don’t feel quite as inadequate in the faith department, or afraid of approaching the Lord with my desires.

So, it’s with this new found faith and hope I embark on a new journey. A journey I now know will result in growing our family. Who knows how the Lord will work his miracles but I’m confident what is best for Adam and I is what the Lord has in store for us.

1 comment:

Just Only Me said...

You're amazing, Jetta! I look up to you, respect you and admire you. You always are two-steps ahead spiritually, you're such an example to me. Love ya.