Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My little man is 3

Last week was Jake's 3rd birthday.  We started the day out with Mickey Mouse shaped blueberry pancakes.  And a game of Batman (where Jake wears his batman costume and throws batarangs at bad guys!)  Then we went to the Children's Toy Store for an hour to just play and pick out a birthday toy. 
Jake's pick, He loved the space gun but quickly decided it was a little "tinky" (stinky)
 We played all day with a break for a nap (thank goodness he hasn't rebelled against naptime yet).

We ended the day much like we started it, with Mickey Mouse shaped blueberry pancakes complete with a donut birthday treat. 
I will admit it was an emotional rollercoaster of a day for me.  There is something so final about turning 3.  Truly not a baby anymore.  I don't know where my baby has gone, but I am so grateful this new little man is in my life.  He is creative, compassionate, brave, tender-hearted, funny, and curious. 
 
(sorry couldn't figure out how to rotate this video, also forgive the coughing we are working on getting all better around here)
 
After being catered to all day and a glass of chocolate milk AND strawberry milk at dinner he was pretty wound up and took forever to go to sleep.  I wanted to make sure that he knows just how special he is and how much he is loved.

How do you deal with your baby growing up? 

No comments: