Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK


My excuses for disappearing for so long:
  1. I moved (no longer an excuse as I am pretty settled in now)
  2. My computer died.. literally it had this dramatic death scene where it turned blue and then I couldn't resuscitate it. After having run windows less-than-legally (Ahem.) for who knows how many years and relying on my dad or brother to fix my computer for me, I decided to grow up. Got a legal copy of windows and took it to the repair shop. Now that my computer is back, I still haven't loaded office, and I can't remember how I used to be able to read Chinese on the internet. All I see now is ???????. ???? and that is really irritating! That's still on my to do list. Also, all my auto saved passwords are now gone. I have to actually remember all of my fidy-million logins and passwords.... I don't even remember where I have accounts!
  3. I got sick.... well technically I'm still sick. Adam gave me his cold (his lasted like 1 week) about 3 weeks ago. I'm still fighting it off, swollen lymph nodes and all.... at least it's not strep.
  4. I now play referee between 3 cats and 1 dog. It's a constant game of changing of the guard and convincing the dog he doesn't see any cats . Anyone know any good Jedi mind tricks I can try?
  5. Work exploded and I've actually had to put in like 8 hour days.... who does that anyway?
  6. Moose started his dog training school. Class is only 2 hours on Monday nights (of course it's outside and every Monday in the last month has been miserably cold) but it's like a 4 credit class, I am supposed to spend at least 30 min to 1 hour each day training him. Not all at once mind you... he has the attention span of a 2 year old on Christmas morning, and the energy span of... well me (about 15 min). So I'm supposed to find 3-4 different times during the day where I can work with him for about 10+ min each time..... ya... still working on it... I don't feel bad spending my first free moments from work during the day posting here only because he's already asleep.
  7. Of course Adam mentioned his parked car being hit by a drunk driver. Actually the car that was about 6ft in front of his in the road was the one that he hit, which then ricocheted off Adam's car. Really quite talented for a man 3 sheets to the wind.
  8. Adam's grandmother had a heart attack. Don't freak out. She's ok. She doesn't have any blockage, she has a rare condition called broken heart syndrome. You might have seen the Scrubs episode about it. Basically it's a dilation of the arteries caused by stress that puts great pressure on her heart. She had 3 stress free days in the hospital and is now home and trying to de-stress her life. Who isn't?
  9. I bet you thought this list was almost over, but I have a lot more!!!
  10. We're living at my mother-in-law's house for a couple years to save some money! Well, my mother-in-law has bunnies... correction, had bunnies. Last Monday the neighbor's dog (yes, the same neighbor that came home drunk and hit Adam's car. Funny you should ask!) chewed through the fence and got in the back yard. Luckily I had pulled Moose in just moments earlier. We called Animal Control (Adam was home at the time this happened so I didn't have to freak out all on my own) and before they could respond the dog had broken in to the bunny hutch, chased and killed both bunnies. It was a horrible thing to witness and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I got a small (very small) feeling of what a soldier may feel having witnessed so many men die.
  11. The house 2 doors down from us burnt down.... ok I know this doesn't really affect my ability to blog, but I thought I would throw it in there because you begin to grasp what a crazy month I've had.
  12. Moose had an allergic reaction probably to something he ate. Hives all over his body, swollen eyes and face. He looked like a Shar-pei. He's doing better now, was on some antibiotics and seems to have fully recovered. I'm just glad he's finally off the meds that made him need to drink and pee constantly. I felt like I was house training him all over again.
Ok, that's honestly all I can think of right now. I'm sure something else happened that I either didn't notice because I was distracted by the above, or was so traumatic that I blocked the memory out successfully already.

But, I'm back. Today was the first day that I actually read and caught up on most the blogs I read.... except for the ones I forgot to actually put on my blog, my favorites got wiped when the computer died.... So, I must go blog surfing again to find them. And I'll start commenting on your blogs again soon, and I'll catch up on what I've been reading with GoodReads (http://www.goodreads.com/) check it out if you haven't already it's a fun way to get to know people. Of course I don't have too much to do there... for some reason I haven't been finding any time to read... hm..

On a lighter note, I had one of the best times last Friday afternoon. Remember when it was really nice outside (before it got cold and tried to snow again) I laid out on the grass on a blanket with my sunglasses and my dog. Soaking in the sun rays and doing absolutely nothing. Spring, please come in full force!!! And Summer... please come ASAP. I need some sun.

5 comments:

Erin said...

So glad you are back! I've missed you! I can totally relate to the craziness. Hopefully you will get a break for awhile.

Dunn Family said...

I noticed your blog from Kersinas. I will add you to my list. I am glad to see you are doing well!! We need to talk or something!

Danae

Kami said...

Jetta, Wow..that is all I can say is WOW! Sorry you had to go through all that, but I am glad that you are back :)

Anonymous said...

HI! I didn't know you blogged! I agree it is an awesome way to stay in touch. BTW Leah is a "superbaby". She was one of 5 "supereggs". Let me know if you want to talk about that stuff we lived it for 2+ years :(

ej said...

Sheesh! Any one of those would have been excuse enough for me! I never need much of an excuse for it to qualify as a full check out of _____ activity of my choosing :) Glad you are back in the blogoshere!